Physician Assistant - SPINE - Orthopaedics
We are looking for an experienced and professional Physician Assistant to join our growing team. If you meet our background requirements and have a desire to work for a great company that takes care of its employees, this position may be the ideal opportunity for you!
Physician Assistant (Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon / Joint Specialist) Job Responsibilities
1. Obtain complete medical history and physical data on patients. Review patient records.
2. Interpret and integrate data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for patients.
3. Perform orthopedic procedures and selective medical services (including diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive health care procedures) as appropriate under the direction of a physician
4. First responder in the Emergency Department to diagnose and provide patient care intervention under the direction of physician (Emergency Department/Orthopedic Surgeon/Physiatrist)
5. Available for orthopedic inpatient consults under the direction of a physician
6. Available for urgent calls regarding orthopedic inpatients
7. Available to assist in Operating Room (preoperative care, surgical assistance and postoperative care)
8. Keep accurate progress notes and dictate discharge summaries
9. Appropriately communicates with physicians regarding any patient care issues
10. Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
11. Functions independently in an organized and time conscious manner
12. Presents self in a professional manner
13. Shows flexibility as it relates to staffing needs of the unit and needs of the position
14. Responsible for professional growth and development. Keeps records of, in services, seminars and certifications for yearly evaluation.
15. Complies with professional, regulatory, governmental and departmental standards.
16. Other duties as assigned
- 1 - 2 years: 2 years