Brad Homan, D.O.
Sports Medicine Orthopaedic Surgeon
- President of Celebration Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Institute
- Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship Trained in Arthroscopy & Sports Medicine
- Team physician for Impact Wrestling
- Team physician for Tom Shaw Performance Camps
- Team physician for 7 local high schools
- Orthopaedic coverage for the Champs Bowl and Capital One Bowl
- Orthopaedic coverage for the Disney endurance events
Dr. Brad Homan, Medical Director of Sports Medicine and Chief of Surgery at Florida Hospital Celebration Health, is uniquely trained in treating athletes of all ages. A native of Tampa Florida, Dr. Homan attended the University of Florida for his undergraduate degree. He earned his medical degree from Nova Southeastern University. After medical school, Dr. Homan completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at Ohio University where he earned the position of Clinical Instructor. Following his residency program, Dr. Homan pursued his interests in sports medicine and continued with a post-graduate fellowship in Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy in Orlando.
Dr. Homan developed the Sports Medicine Department at Florida Hospital Celebration and currently serves as team physician for 7 local high schools, TNA professional wrestling, Disney Endurance races, and Tom Shaw Performance Camps at the ESPN Wide World of Sports. He has also served as the local orthopaedic director for the NBA pre-draft combine and is the local team physician for the NCAA Orlando Citrus Bowl games. He is actively involved in medical research and is a Clinical instructor for the University of Central Florida College of Medicine and the Florida Hospital Family Medicine residency program.
Dr. Homan's commitment to sports medicine extends not only into athletics but also into academics. As the Director of Sports Medicine at Florida Hospital Celebration, he works closely with the physician resident program at Florida Hospital as well as other health care professionals. Dr. Homan regularly teaches advanced arthroscopy skills to residents and practicing orthopaedic surgeons. He has published literature in orthopedics and sports medicine and continues to develop and work on research projects.
Dr. Homan is Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery and is a member of the American Osteopathic Association, American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, and Florida Orthopaedic Society.
Let me know how I'm doing
- Staff Physician, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
- Team Physician, Orlando Rage Minor League Football
- Team Physician, Celebration High School
- Team Physician, Freedom High School
- Team Physician, Harmony High School
- Team Physician, Poinciana High School
- Team Physician, Liberty High School
- Associate Team Physician, Gateway High School
- Associate Team Physician, St. Cloud High School
- Consultant, Karl Storz Sports Medicine 2007-2009
- National Basketball Association pre-draft combine 2006, 2007, 2008—sports medicine director and practice coverage
- Team Physician, Orlando Sharks Professional Indoor Soccer, 2008
- Staff physician, Coach Tom Shaw performance enhancement camp at ESPN Wide World of Sports
- Walt Disney World Marathon, Triathlon, Race for the Taste, Race for the Cure
- Event orthopedic coverage, Capital One Bowl and Champs Sports Bowl 2005-present
- Preceptor, Florida Hospital Family Medicine Program
- Faculty, University of Central Florida College of Medicine