Matthew Johnston D.O.
Matthew Johnston Is A Top Sports Medicine Joint Orthopedic Surgeon
Get to know our resident sports medicine physician here at Celebration Orthopaedics. Our team can help you recover from a number of sports and exercise related injuries, so that you can get back to your team. A sports physician does much more than surgery, however. Take a look at everything a sports and exercise medicine physician, like Matthew Johnston, can do for you!
Meet Matthew Johnston
- Board Certified and a member of the American Osteopathic Association and American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopaedics.
- Specializes in Joint Replacement Surgery, Sports Medicine, General Orthopaedics, and treatment of Arthritis of the Hip and Knee.
Dr. Matthew Johnston is a South Florida native whose education and experience has allowed him to specialize in the field of Sports Medicine. He attended Tri-State University in Indiana. From there he obtained his Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine at Nova Southeastern University. He completed his traditional internship and orthopedic surgery residency training at Ohio University. He completed a fellowship in Joint Replacement Surgery at the Florida Orthopaedic Institute, receiving extensive training in the diagnosis and treatment of arthritis, failed total joint replacement and osteonecrosis.
What A Sports Medicine Physician Does
Rehabilitation – Many injuries limit your ability to go back to the sport or exercise where you received the injury. Some affect your ability longer than others. Many sports and exercise physicians provide physical therapy to help you fully heal, recover, and regain your strength, sometimes even relearning how to move your arm, leg, etc. in a certain way once more.
Prevention – Your sports physician can also help you learn to prevent injuries, teaching you how to properly prepare for workouts. This can include certain stretches, how much to stretch, strength exercises, etc. While some techniques are good general precautions, they may also be able to help you hone certain areas for your specific sport.
Personal Training – Exercise enthusiasts or athletes may want to consult a sport medicine doctor as part of their personal training routine. Your doctor can help you create an individualized plan that will help you reach your goals (such as improved endurance, weight loss or gain, muscle building), while reducing risk of injury. This plan often includes specific exercises, a schedule, and dietary suggestions.
How Dr. Johnston Can Help
Specializing in the realm of sports medicine and related treatments, you can see Dr. Johnston for a number of different surgeries and procedures, including
- Revision Surgery
- Hip Resurfacing
- Arthritis Treatment (Hips, Knees, Shoulders)
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Knees, Shoulders)
- Surgery For All Other Knee and Shoulder Conditions
Dr. Johnston employs a number of innovative surgery techniques, including minimally invasive surgery and robotic assistance surgery, while also utilizing personalized, custom instrumentation and implants. He works tirelessly with each and every patient, bringing them the most effective care to help them get back on the field!
Contact Dr. Matthew Johnston
If you are injured in the course of a sports or exercise activity, seek in-depth, professional help from someone who knows sports injuries inside-out. Matthew Johnston is a reputable sports medicine physician here in Celebration, Florida, and a key member of our Celebration Orthopaedics staff. Set up an appointment now!
- Team Physician, New Dimensions High School
- Team Physician, Florida Christian college
- Associate Team Physician, Orlando Rage Minor League Football
- Associate Team Physician, Celebration High School
- Associate Team Physician, Freedom High School
- Associate Team Physician, Harmony High School
- Associate Team Physician, Poinciana High School
- Associate Team Physician, Liberty High School
- Associate Team Physician, Orlando Sharks Professional Indoor Soccer, 2008
- Walt Disney World Marathon, Triathlon, Race for the Taste, Race for the Cure